View Single Post
Old 04-13-07, 10:32 AM
bdinger
Chubby super biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey man, I'm with you. In 2005 I lost like, oh, 160 pounds.
In 2006? Like.. um.. 40, 20 of which was losing back some weight I gained. Which would be fine if I was a featherweight, or you know, not 390 damn pounds (yeah I put some back this year, as much as I want to lie and say I didn't). And it's all my own damn fault. KFC. Olive Garden. Ice Cream every night. I thank cycling for actually making me lose weight, if not, I'd be right back up again.

Well I got sick of it on Sunday. All week I've been doing great, under 1500 calories each day except yesterday, when I hit about 2100. And that was a conscious decision to get chinese fooooood. Not the best conscious decision, but hey, whaddya get.

My problem is I kept setting the bar too high, and goals too far out of reach. If you have 200 more pounds to lose, it's hard to see the long term and easy to give up. If you rode 150 miles a week in the summer, it's hard to get 20 or 30 in during the spring permafrost - it ain't fun at all! So I've been struggling with that.

But I finally just had enough. Enough hurtin' knees, looking in the mirror and not liking it, and avoiding the scale. It's a pain in the ass to lose weight, it really is. Chinese food, cheeseburgers, ice cream, alfredo sauce - it's all wonderful. But so is looking in the mirror and not wanting to run away! And so is the woman who wants to pounce you every time you turn around because you are drive and working hard!

Really, don't sweat it. The way I see it, I lived for 12 years at extreme obesity, if it takes me 5 to get down to a normal weight.. hell.. I'll still have 40 left . But if I don't... probably another 10 or maybe 20.

Anyway, long story short, I feel ya.