Old 01-20-02, 04:25 PM
emma_t

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
clipless question for the experts :)

Hiya bicyclers
I was supposed to have my MTB (that I will tour with) yesterday but a snowstorm blew thru here overnight and considering that
I'llbe taking the bus out to buy it (no car) and that I'll have to walk/ride it home (at least 2 hrs.) in the weather, I decided to wait till next week to pick it up (because of the salt which I heard was very very bad for bikes)
But that gives me some time to pick your brains once more, to enlighten me about pedals! I'm just trying to know what I am getting in all~
I've searched everything on the web and have gotten all kinds of clipless pedal pics but have yet to see the ones I was given when I test rode (Pine Mountain 2000) which makes me think they are either really good and of a newer model (say from the 2002 model) or else are really not good and of a "lower" quality. I didn't try them on with shoes- They were all silver, like a skeleton/cage and the same on both sides i think. I'm pretty sure the pedal "arms" said Shimano and were silvery-blue arms, but the pedals themselves are not 515s or 525s or anything i've seen so far. One guy on the phone said they might be "Shimano SPDs comp. (?) " For sure I know they are called "box." If anyone knows or can refer me to a known (posible) picture that would be awesome. Lots of things I've read here talk about knee injuries and strains and I don't have any knee problems or any leg/ankle problems- will clipless pedals cause this after using them a long (short) time?? I'm guessing that stuff like this is from being a long term "hard" rider??
Many blessings in advance!
Emma