View Single Post
Old 04-16-07, 04:36 PM
kf5nd

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia Elite, Schwinn Frontier FS MTB, Centurion LeMans (1986)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
METRO Goes Green with Bikes on Buses

Houston METRO Goes Green with Bikes on Buses

I would like to invite you to a press conference on this Friday, April 20th at Noon at 1900 Main Street with METRO President and CEO and Senator Rodney Ellis and other bicycle advocates as we announce the implementation of bike racks on the METRO bus fleet. We are developing a flier, but in the mean time, please pass the word around. We would love to have as many cyclists as possible actually ride their bikes to the building on that day. We will also have refreshments from Whole Food Market along with demos from various bike shops in our lobby.

Please call me and let me know if you will be able to make it. My number is 713-739-4980 work or 713-419-1218 cell.

Thanks,
Karen Marshall
Director, Community Outreach
Metropolitan Transit Authority
713-739-4980 work

METRO is about to embark on an exciting new program, and we're inviting all bicycle riders to kick it into the "big" gear.

On April 20, 2007, METRO will be hosting a bike festival to mark the start of its new bike-racks-on-buses campaign. The festival will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at our downtown headquarters, 1900 Main.

Bike shop, clubs and a variety of vendors will be joining us for this event. At noon, METRO will host a news conference with METRO's President & CEO Frank Wilson, State Rep. Rodney Ellis and other local dignitaries.

Come check out the happenings, and check out METRO's new bike racks - attached to METRO's new, futuristic hybrid bus. It's one smooth ride.

I would like to invite you to a press conference on this Friday, April 20th at Noon at 1900 Main Street with METRO President and CEO and Senator Rodney Ellis and other bicycle advocates as we announce the implementation of bike racks on the METRO bus fleet. We are developing a flier, but in the mean time, please pass the word around. We would love to have as many cyclists as possible actually ride their bikes to the building on that day. We will also have refreshments from Whole Food Market along with demos from various bike shops in our lobby.

Please call me and let me know if you will be able to make it. My number is 713-739-4980 work or 713-419-1218 cell.

Thanks,
Karen Marshall
Director, Community Outreach
Metropolitan Transit Authority
713-739-4980 work

METRO is about to embark on an exciting new program, and we're inviting all bicycle riders to kick it into the "big" gear.

On April 20, 2007, METRO will be hosting a bike festival to mark the start of its new bike-racks-on-buses campaign. The festival will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at our downtown headquarters, 1900 Main.

Bike shop, clubs and a variety of vendors will be joining us for this event. At noon, METRO will host a news conference with METRO's President & CEO Frank Wilson, State Rep. Rodney Ellis and other local dignitaries.

Come check out the happenings, and check out METRO's new bike racks - attached to METRO's new, futuristic hybrid bus. It's one smooth ride.