Old 04-17-07, 11:09 AM
jcm
Gemutlichkeit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gqsmoothie
The B33 looks like it might work for me. It is 235mm wide rather than 170mm for the B17. Does having the springs require much or any maintenance or adjusting? Also, will the b33 attach to the seatpost the same way as the B17 does?

Thanks
The mighty B33 is a 3-rail saddle that requires a 3-rail clamp. The clamp is available at ordering, I'm sure. There is no required maintenance of the springs, tho you may find a bit of sweaking is common, given the braided design. It is designed to mount to the old style tapered seat post like on the old 3-speeds and such. Unless you are VERY wide at the ischials, I would say that the 33 is a bit over the top for pleasure/recreational riding, tho I don't doubt it's comfort. It is a pure utility type made for work bikes and trikes like ice cream or hot dog vendors. Very cool saddles. Some people call them tractor seats.

Better to try a B67 at 210mm wide. That's over 1-1/2" wider than a 17. Being a 1-rail type, it will mount to any modern 'micro-adjust' seat post clamp without the need for any adapter, just like a 17. If your bike was purchased in the last fifteen years from a bike shop, it will likely be ready to go. If it's a Wal-Mart type, well, you might have the tapered post. You can use this saddle for an upright posture or a somewhat forward leaning one as well. I very much doubt that you are so far out of the physical norm for human anatomy that you can't be very happy with it.

Order it from Wallbike.com for a 6-month return policy. Good people there.