View Single Post
Old 04-19-07, 09:20 AM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked 850 Times in 386 Posts
Originally Posted by zippered
on a related note, my knee - and my wrist too, for that matter - have been bothering me again lately. i've tried using a brace/tensor bandage on my knee while riding, but the chafing factor makes it worse. suggestions? dan, i'm looking your direction!
A friend of mine swears by Ginkgo Biloba, a natural blood-thinner. She had pains in her hands and arms and she said that she often felt tired from the smallest activities. She heard about Ginkgo Biloba and tried it and it made a huge difference for her, so much so that it inspired her to become an Naturopathic Doctor, ND.

I don't know if it really was this stuff but she said it changed her life for the better. I remember that she did start to look a lot better ie: more colour in her face and her hair became less gnarly and she did have a lot more energy.

I have another friend who is a pharmacist who thinks that all naturopathic stuff is voodoo and that Cathy was just anemic. *shrugs*

edit:
from the Wiki article: Out of the many conflicting research results, Ginkgo extract seems to have three effects on the human body: it improves blood flow (including microcirculation in small capillaries) to most tissues and organs; it protects against oxidative cell damage from free radicals; and it blocks many of the effects of PAF (platelet aggregation, blood clotting) that have been related to the development of a number of cardiovascular, renal, respiratory and CNS (Central Nervous System) disorders.