tandemcrusers

Bikes: Cannondale Road Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A replacement tube is cleaner

Clinchers Tires:
Try not to patch or use the gum Stuff. Patches and gum will ruin or badly stain the tire. Okay I got your attention. Some tires cost too much to gunk up. A study showed that some tiers had a kind of dry rot in the areas of a patched tube it appears that the adhesive is still wet even though it is dry to the touch. (the safety of the tier never was diminished by the adhesive) Then there is the gum stuff –well let’s say it can gum things up. A replacement tube(s) does not weigh much and puts your bike back in to a safe efficient mood. You then can pump your replacement tube back up to specifications and start enjoying your ride as if it never happened. You can always patch the tube in case of emergency or take it home and patch it.
Out here in Ohio on a hot muggy day, if you don’t know how to replace a tire you can be eaten alive by misquotes or you might even catch a glimpse of big foot crossing the path. It is a matter of life or welts. I used to patch but it is a lot faster to replace the tube. With all the patches I did in the past I did have one or two that leaked (applier error). I never had a bad replacement tube (knock on wood).
The funny thing last Spring I fixed over 6 tires various times for total strangers that just could not quite get the back tire figured out. All but one had an extra tube in hand. The one I had to patch was a small kids bike that they could not get the tire off the rim. Talcum powder and fast tire rollover the rim did the trick.
May you never get a flat again.
SN