karmantra

Bikes: trek,specialized,terry,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eoconnor
hi karmantra,
the wheels rubbed against the fabric side panel that wraps around the metal side frame. I must say the people at Burley were very good, considering we bought the trailer online and are based in ireland. they sent us a "fix kit" which basically involved inserting a new axle and flipping the wheel around. I only got it yesterday, and i fixed the wheels.... or so i thought. used it today to bring my 2 daughters to day care, but the wheels still seem to be rubbing slightly. not nearly as bad as before, but still not perfect. i'm going to get back on to them today. I suspect this was a common problem with the 07 models....
Dear eoconner: Burley had you 'flip' the wheel around & install the axle--are the wheels dished to begin with? Did they supply a longer axle in order to place the wheel farther away from the side fabric? The concern I would have is that over time the side fabric is going to stretch with a tendency to rub even more against the wheel, eventually leaving a black streak from the tire and possibly rubbing a hole in the side panel. The new method of how the '07 D'Lite folds down may also be a factor--it may put stress on the fabric and cause it to stretch over time.