View Single Post
Old 04-22-07, 09:03 AM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody

Don't forget that the main purpose of a CSA is to raise capital for building a solid infrastructure in the first place. CSA shareholders understand that they're assuming some risk when they buy shares each season.
I know, but given the number of con artists and scams going on I want to be able to show people up front that I am serious, by making the heavy initial investment. In some ways I have by already owning the land. There is also another farmer just around the corner from me that does some produce stand stuff already, and it might be better for us to coordinate. He is an older gentleman and may not even be aware of the CSA's and the existing potential of them. Also we live in a "low wealth" area (nice euphemism for lots of trailers ) however the population base is changing so now might be the time to get in on the ground floor. I am also getting tired of my current job that keeps me on the road so much and a well planned an executed exit may well be tied in with starting up a CSA...

Thanks for the link to New Farm. It led me to a farm I was not aware of about 15 miles up the road. Not a CSA but Organic veggies right in my back yard! Needless to say I will be shopping there very soon.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon

Last edited by wahoonc; 04-22-07 at 09:10 AM.