View Single Post
Old 03-23-04, 05:04 PM
Gus Riley
HomeBrew Master!

Bikes: Aegis Aro Svelte, Surly LHT, Cannondal R3000 tandem, Santana Triplet.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zapper
Currently a Chief in the Navy just off of Sea duty and looking forward to a few years of shore duty prior to retirement. I'm 41, got a beautiful wife and one kid and after some of my "weekly expence money" I'm getting into road biking. I already run about 6 miles a week and have been riding my HUFFY MTB that I affectionally call an ANCHOR . So, I am really excited about purchasing a new light weight road bike within the next week or so and as usual when I get into something, I go all out!. Just need to get the wife to get into it...Then maybe I would get an increase in my allowance...

Anyone else out there in the Tidewater area, give me a shout!

zapper
Welcome to bike forums Zapper! I'm not in the tidewater area any longer but I did spend 11 years there off and on ending 3 years ago. I was on the peninsula at Langley. I rode all over the peninsula and a good portion of the Suffolk area as well.

Where do you plan to buy from? I can honestly recommend Conte's over on the peninsula. Cross the James River Bridge, take a left on Warwick and they are on the left about a 1 1/2 miles. They gave me super deals there. I bought several bikes, frames, groupos and anything else I could think of there. At least give them a try if you're shopping for a new bike. They handle Cannondale mainly, but I purchased two Aegis's there too.

Welcome