Old 03-24-04, 01:09 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
[QUOTE=ruirui]ok, i went to one of my lbs today after work. i've found a couple bikes that are pretty decent and within my budget.

- GIANT 04 YUKON (sr santor magnesium xcp-75 front fork, alivio rear dR, acera front dR.) $380 very light
- GIANT 04.5 BOULDER SE (sr santor front fork, shimano acera rear dR) $230-$280 kinda heavy-

Point I would like to make is that all the bikes you have mentioned are budget bikes. I talked a friend of mine into a Giant Boulder a few years ago, Still a budget bike but one he could afford. It was bought for the frame and nothing else. Forks, Crankset, bottom bracket and wheels had to be changed within 6 months. Front and rear mechs within 9 months, Brakes just over a year, and then there was not much more to change. The frame is fantastic. Problem was the rest of the bits that bolt onto it were rubbish, but we knew this before we started. It did at least get him into riding for very little initial outlay, but after that it was all Pay, Pay and pay. He now has a decent bike, that has cost him 3 times the original amount, but thanks to the quality of the frame, he now has a decent bike