View Single Post
Old 04-25-07, 08:24 AM
CyKKlist

Bikes: Trek 520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
+1 for the cargo shorts. After years of doing charity rides, I've built up a collection of logo jerseys and shorts that rivals my "civilian" wardrobe, and now I want almost nothing to do with them LOL. I find I'm migrating to solid color jerseys or shirts with my olive green cargo shorts, which are almost irreplaceable to me now.

And after having done a mini-tour in my regular sneakers (forgot to pack my cycling shoes), I'm not even stressing about that, either. I'm not prepared to swear off my comfy MTB shoes, but the "old school" feel and style does help me relax on the bike, to take the lower gear and to enjoy the journey more.

Last note -- I am getting lots of questions so far this spring from my club ride friends, since I keep showing up with 32c tires, fenders, bar bag, trunk bag, etc. They are mostly "weight weenies" but they are fascinated with the touring bike and setup. There was another cyclist on a touring bike last weekend (Cannondale T800) and we had a fun time keeping up with the pace group for the first 20 miles, then settling back into touring mode on the country roads before the final climbs.