Old 04-26-07, 11:38 AM
masiman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jolt
That said, why has nobody designed a trailer setup that can be configured to accommodate a car seat or two and has some sort of suspension to absorb those bumps, so younger babies can SAFELY ride in it while parents do errands etc. on the bike?
Trailers are not as wide some would like. You can get two kids in them but the fit can sometimes be tight. A child carrier can fit in a trailer but you would not be able to fit a second child in the trailer. There is at least one manufacturer that has trailers with suspension. All of these features cost money. Expect to pay $400+ for a double trailer w/suspension. Add in the possibility of a trailer brake, attachments and you can get up to the $600 range. Some understandbly don't want to or can't spend that much on a recreational product.

As for doing errands via bike, I'm all for it but me and others like me don't have the time to do the things we should do as it is. Running errands on a bike while relaxing and enjoyable, can put me farther behind in other areas.