View Single Post
Old 03-27-04, 09:09 PM
Chris L
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevet04II
Do you guys and gals experience harrassment alot from motorist? Two guys in a car this morning threw a beer bottle at me and I didnt say a word to them. They stopped a short way up the road and said "What did you say? " They were Cussing alot. I didnt say a word. They were out looking for trouble. But I held back and said nothing. Good thing they didnt come after me. Things could have gotten ugly.
Congratulations on your handling of the situation. You definitely saved yourself a lot of trouble. People like this are just looking for a fight, by not responding you basically gave them nothing.

I get honks/verbal abuse/the bird on virtually a daily basis -- more often when I wear a red jersey (why do rednecks have such a problem with this?). To be honest I just treat that sort of behaviour with the contempt it deserves -- I don't see it as worthy of chewing up my precious time, I say let the drivers give themselves high blood pressure and all the complications that go with it. Having said that, the instant somebody throws anything at me (it's happened before and probably will again), I take down their number and go straight to the cops.

That is all.