Old 04-29-07, 08:12 PM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Enthalpic, I didn't realize you were in Alberta!

With my AFLCA certification, they recommend I renew each year ... which probably isn't a bad idea either since I'm also going for my Bachelor of Education.

Day 1 of the instruction was LONG, but had a lot of practical stuff to keep us from falling asleep. Day 2 was quick ... we just breezed through everything. I had different instructors each day.

I thought the videos were pretty good too. They are very repetitive, but that's good for reinforcement. The only one I had a little difficulty with was the one with the kid who is out mtn biking and skids and falls on his HIP and sprains his ANKLE. Despite the fact that he takes the impact on his hip first and elbow second, they don't hurt. And if it were me, and I somehow managed to sprain my ankle while cycling, I'd just get back on the bicycle and keep riding ... especially since the parking lot was only a few seconds away.

If I were the video makers, I think I'd have used a slip on stairs or something for the sprained ankle topic, and use a cycling incident for the broken collarbone topic.