Old 04-29-07, 08:32 PM
Crickette

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yugoslavian fixie/coaster lightweight speedster

Hello, I'm Crickette, from South Texas, and have been mourning the loss of the green Yugoslavian fixed gear coaster brake woman's bicycle that I paid $35 for back in the early '80's. It was already an "old" (I figured over 15 years maybe) bike by that time, but in excellent condition.

I was living in a very unfriendly bike city when I divorced and left it behind. My kids told me that it soon disappeared. What a stupid thing to do -- left my Maytags and left the best darned bike in the world.

It was LIGHT WEIGHT and would race like the wind. I had done ZERO atheletic activity in the prior ten years, but I went everywhere without, seemingly, any effort at all. It wasn't heavy like the Raleigh I rode as a kid --- it was a flyweight.

I just saw an article in the NYTimes this weekend about the raging popularity of this type of bike for in town commuting and I just got to yearning so bad to own an old (ie, affordable) light weight bike like that again. Trouble is, I have no idea how to connect to someone who owns one. My suspicions at the time was that it had come back with a military family stationed in or near Eastern Europe.

These new bikes are light-weight --- but start at $800. Does anyone have any idea where I could start looking for the flyweight gem I'm looking for?

Thanks ... I'm already enjoying reading BikeForums..
Crickette