View Single Post
Old 04-30-07, 07:43 AM
kgatwork

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDaddyPete
Here's my question, I have a Raleigh Supercourse Technium that I regretably snapped the seat stays on a few months back. I was thinking of buying one of the Nashbar Frame (pronounced Fram-ay) frames and using the parts from the old bike on the new bike. Any challenges? Will the bottom bracket fit? Anyone used one of these frames? I'd love some opinions. I think I can basically duplicate my old Supercourse which I found far superior to my current Grand Sport. Thanks.

USA Techniums frames have a lifetime warranty. Are you the original owner? Do you still have the receipt? I snapped my old 86' Scott Tinley Tri-Lite technium right at the chainstay just in front of the derailluer drop out back in 91 and was able to do a warranty claim. They replaced the old frame with a more up to date Technium Pro frame and I did this from a different retailer than I originally purchased the bike from, I was on short term business 300 miles from home. The only cost which I felt was fair and is stated in the warranty was the removal and installation of parts (about $100). I even got a new seat post as the old one was too small. I was quite happy with the warranty procedure although I did request the next smaller size frame as the one I purchased was just a little big (not much room to play for the boys).

Good Luck