View Single Post
Old 03-30-04, 02:48 PM
DEK

Bikes: '11 Felt Z85

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
I really appreciate all the input so far. Thanks.

Now I'll try to put answers to everyone's responses.

I talked to the LBS and they were reluctant to extend me any further as it's already an '03 model. I think they may be worried they would have to discount the bike even more to sell it.

At this point I have no idea how much longer I have at my job. It could be a month, a year or I may never get let go. Management is being very closed mouth about lay-offs at this point. I will get a severance but it's only 6 weeks. I got to this job because I was layed off from my last job and I was out of work for almost 6 months. Unemployment is a joke. Once the taxes are paid it's not enough for food for a week.

The cost of the bike (with tax) is about $500.00. When I first started looking at a new ride I was looking at some in the $800-$1000 range but my wife balked at that. So, when I found this deal she was cool with it.

My other 2 bikes are definitely ridable. I try to take care of them getting tune-ups regularly and overhauls as needed.

I'm really torn over this. I obviously would like to have the bike but I would definitely "look back" if I bought it and then got layed off.