maunakea
too many bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVC45
Thanks Maunakea!
So the Cadenza's bigger wheel didn't help a bit? Would you expect the same result if you had an alluminum Swift?
DVC, I think the harshness is directly linked to the OE forks on the Cadenza. The harshness on the 26", lower psi tires surprised me, and the major change between the OE bike and the rebuilt bike with ISO 620, but much higher psi tires, is the CF fork. If you get a Cadenza, change the fork to CF.... the best single improvement you can make. I see "old version" (maintube fold) Cadenzas on eBay from time to time.

An alu Swift still has the Swift steel fork .... so I think even an alu Swift would ride better than a Cadenza.

I'll reiterate what all Swift owners know.... the Swift is incredible. Feels as stable as a MTB.

Originally Posted by mosquito
hey maunakea how much did you pay for the bike and what parts came with it? was it stock or did you specify what you wanted?
I was lucky to find a steel Swift on eBay about a year ago. 7 speed S-A gear hub. I paid the Buy It Now price of $700 the instant I saw it. It was barely ridden, no sign of wear on the rear tire, much less the front.