Old 05-01-07, 07:21 PM
mollusk
Elite Fred

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeWNC
I thought we had more people interested in this ride. So far only seven have signed up for Sat. Are there more out there on the fence trying to decide or waiting to see what the weather will be?
I wish I could do this ride, but I'm pretty far away. I did the hard part last November and it is very nice and not too difficult. (Thanks once again Bike WNC for the suggested ride!) 39x25 was sufficient to drag myself up the climb, but I have to admit that much of it was at a cadence that I wasn't used to. The last bit is more than 4% to 6%, probably more like 8% to 10%. When you see the parking area on the right side near the top it gets hard, especially since you have been going up for what seems like forever, but you are really close to the top. Suffer through that last bit and you are home free. Once you get on the BRP it is pretty easy.