View Single Post
Old 05-01-07, 11:28 PM
Eger2ride

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HI & Help

Hi - I've been away from Road riding for about 12 years but have been mountain biking - even a little racing. I'm 48 and want to get back into road biking and buy a nice bike. I am considering both a Lynskey TI bike and a Carbon Trek, or a Seven Axiom. My LBS has a "new" (as in been sittin there a while) 2005 Trek Madone 5.9. I rode it and it is rock solid and smooth with Dura-Ace. It is the older "aero" frame that Trek is not making anymore. Still felt pretty good to me so I gusess I need to know what problems there were with this frame - why didn't Lance like it? The bike is being offered at $2999.00 which sounds pretty good compared to it's original >$5K cost; however, a new 5.9 SL is on sale now for $3800 (but I don't like the 2007 color). I'm also considering a 2007 Madone 5.5 (nice gray) for $3300. Is the 2005 bike price a good deal considering it has several upgraded components over the 5.5 or are these upgrades minor and I should stick with the newer frame with a good paint scheme? Yes, I know - fit is most important - got it. Anyhow thanks for any thoughts on these bikes