View Single Post
Old 05-02-07, 01:31 AM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
How many of those RANS dealers are going to have those crank forwards in stock?

I've contacted 7 RANS dealers in Wisconsin and Florida and none of them carried crank forwards. Two of them told me that they didn't like them and would never carry any in stock. One said they used to stock them but couldn't sell them and had to eventually sell off the floor models at a loss.

These were dealers that I located by using the RANS web site. I was trying to find one to take a test ride.

I think the HostelShoppe up in Stevens Point, WI may stock them. That's a bit of a drive for me. I might check them out if I'm up in that region this summer.

In any case, they are rare beasts to actually find in a store. Madison is a big bicycle market, being one of the most bike-friendly cities in the USA. We have at least 17 bike shops in the county, with at least 4 of them selling recumbents and 6 selling crank-forward bikes. I can find RANS bents, but not RANs crank forwards. When I was in Florida this Spring, I checked every RANS dealer from Jacksonville down the coast to Melbourne and inland to Gainesville and Orlando. None carried the crank forward bikes.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 05-02-07 at 01:38 AM.