Old 05-02-07, 05:44 PM
SaddleBags
Just Peddlin' Along

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by eippo1
I think he was just nervous b/c I talked to him later and he said it was his first race.
Good sport tip: Offer advice on braking (not braking that is) while in the pack. Ask if he does any fast group rides. If not, tell about some so he can practice (but not your group ride incase he causes an accident).
Bad sport tip: Point him out before every race and make sure everyone knows of his braking habits.

Case in point (good sport tip): A junior racer was bunch up with us during a training crit and he took a line around a curb that cut 3-4 people off. Needless to say, he got an earful from some of the guys. I talked to him on our cool down laps and congratulated him on his finish and offered some advice that he just watch his line around the turns.

Case in point (bad sport tip): This season there's this one guy in my district that can't keep a line and he gets pointed out at the beginning or in the lineup (not only by me but other teams too). He's caused 2 accidents in the 3 races I've been in with him so besides getting yelled at he gets the finger pointing too.