View Single Post
Old 05-04-07, 01:10 PM
ang1sgt

Bikes: 88 Fisher Gemini tandem, 92 Trek 970, 07 Nashbar Frame, 08 Gary Fisher Paragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrierman
Beautuful build, hope you love riding it as much as building it.
This build is something that I've wanted to do for many years and I am so close to having it done that I am going nutz trying to finish it up. I am just a little short of funds, but I think I found a means to get that figured out quick. I am hoping for a first shake down run by the time I leave for Washington DC on the 14th of May. If that goes well, the bike may be coming down with me for a ride that I love doing down there, and that is the Mt Vernon Trail from Alexandria down to Mt Vernon.

On the Adjustable Stem. I did give that a thought, but I want to minimize joints and fittings to a minimum. I will have some adjustment with the Bar due to it's design.

The Funny thing is, that once it is done, it will be really close to the Trek SOHO except with a Chromoly frame, ATB style tires, and the Carbon Fiber Fork. If it's half the fun that I think it will be, it will be a keeper.

I'll report to you all on it's final weight also. I am not a gram shaver. I figure it will be in the same weight as my old Trek 970 and if it is, I'll be a happy camper.

Chris