Old 05-05-07, 09:50 AM
StalkerZERO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamWeb
Hey StalkerZERO,

I don't think that is really unfair of you. I tend to stray away from trends as well. The companies you mention are all fine manufacturers, but you're right, there is just something about Tri frames that scream, originality. These popular bike companies seem to have a focus on the middle of the bike culture and cater to more of the casual side of the sport. There are so many different frame builders/distributors that specialize in just Tri frames or at least have a relitavely small stable of frames that center around performance and inovation, that it seems rash to me to just go with the convenient or popular bike choice. Although I admit I do really love Trek's TT frame and think they have a good concept team. I sold the frame because I wanted to build-up my mountain bike, but more so because the frame just barely fit me. I am 6'2" and I had the seatpost lowered all the way down to the carbon seat airfoil. I just couldn't get the custom fit that is so paramount in Tri specific frames. It seems like the less common frame designs are leaning twords an aero seat post concept rather than a frame integrated seat tube airfoil. An example of this is the Ceepo TT Venom or the Cervelo P2C, (exuse me while I wipe the drool off my shirt ). There is a great section in Triathlete Magazine's April issue showcasing some smokin' framesets.
April issue? *looks at stack of running and triathete mags on floor* Dang, I must have bought that issue...its gotta be somewhere!

So what are you saying though? Those aero seat posts aren't any good because they are adjustable? And aren't there any integrated posts that are also aero as well? What frame would you recommend? Because I would probably be picky and would want a perfect fit/position.