View Single Post
Old 05-05-07, 11:03 PM
xxldave

Bikes: 86' RockHopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys! This is my inaugural post here. I want to get back into riding my bike! Tom I realy appreciate your video, what an inspiration! I'm 6'8" and am currently tipping the scales at 394. I lost 70 pounds last year on WW (Started at 425) and have let the weight creep back on. I'm back at WW and am dropping weight again. My goal is 245-255. In my younger years I used to ride a bike to get everywhere - school, baseball, basketball etc. and had a Schwinn Varsity that was huge and weighed a ton. My current bike is an 86' Rockhopper which I have never been that happy with. Even with the longest seat post and stem I could find I still feel cramped riding it. It wasn't that big of deal when I first bought it and weighed 265, but now it's more of an issue. I originally stumbled onto the forum looking for some suggestions on a larger frame...and then found the Clydesdales! I think I may live in the mountain bike capital of the world here in Bend, Oregon and should just go out and visit a few bike shops tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for letting me share!