patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by sverrefehn
First, I'm very glad to hear that your health continues to improve. If something happened to you, well....it just wouldn't be as much fun around here.
Second, congratulations on hitting the course hard and having a good time doing it. Though you said it wasn't about setting a PR I'm sure it still did feel good to come across the line 5 minutes faster.
Third, I took Prevacid for years until the insurance company decided it was too expensive and switched me over to Aciphex. It works just the same and my life has been much improved because of both.
Like many medical conditions you sort of have to experience it first hand to discover how debilitating something as mundane sounding as 'acid reflux' can be to your lifestyle. Meds like Prevacid can really be a lifesaver. Kind of does make you wonder about how much people suffered 50 or 100 years ago with these common conditions before there were such effective treatments.

I've seen both sides of the medical coin. Sometimes they scratch their heads for years, sometimes they save my Pcad bacon. Just be your own advocate for all things medical. It REALLY does help to have friends on the side like Dr. P. (and after this episode he goes on my Pal For Life Master List) giving you intelligent medical feedback. BIG time.

Thanks again Dr. P. You are the MAN. I mean the DOCTOR. You know what I'm saying.

Last edited by patentcad; 05-06-07 at 11:28 AM.