Old 05-06-07, 12:23 PM
Helmet Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikingMILF
i just wanted to clarify some stuff so i dont seem like a real weener here. because the driver was not using a signal and was slowing down, it appeared she was stopping for the stop sign ahead of us, not turning into the gas station on our right. i was riding on her right hand side, and intended to take a right at the stop sign. so just to make clear, i was not trying to pass her on the right as she was slowing for a stop sign. if she was actually doing what it appeared she was doing, she would have made a complete stop and begun to accelerate again before i even got to the stop sign.

i guess i better practice my reiiteration of situations because its pretty certain that at some point in time, i'll have to be giving my statements to a cop in an accident report.

im going to try to be concise, just for the sake of being concise....

car and i both going same direction. car passes me on my left and proceeds in the same direction. car slows down, no blinker, apparently to stop for stop sign. as i come up on the car, which is now going about 2mph and still appearing to be slowing for the stop sign, i prepare to make a right at the stop sign. my intentions are cut short and i have to veer into the gas station parking lot in order to avoid collision with this car as it takes a sudden right hand turn into the lot, without signaling.

make sense?
Was the car in the rightmost/outside lane, but positioned to go straight rather than turn right? If so, you did pass her on the right side, which should always be done with extreme care, and never done at an intersection, no matter how minor (you were at an intersection with a driveway into a gas station as you passed on the right).