Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DeeGee Pulls The Trigger

I realize there are some of you out there, perhaps MOST of you out there, who thought I'd NEVER buy a new road bike. Given my history of hemming, hawing, and hesitating, I can't say I blame you.

But behold -- I give you my brand new, 2007 Specialized Roubiax, which I just brought home! I am soooo excited I can't hardly stand it! I used all the advice I've heard on this forum, and in the end, it boiled down to a couple of things:

1. I simply love how this bike fits, handles, and looks.

2. I am proud to own this bike.

3. I am excited to own this bike.

I added Continental tires and a simple bike computer. I'll choose pedals in a month or so; they aren't part of the stock package. I'll probably -- are you ready for this? -- go clipless.

Anyway, here's the bike. I also want to enter this picture in the Dining Room Wall contest, when it comes up.

And then, after posting, I'm going for a RIDE, brother! Ride on!!!

EDIT: PS: I had myself talked into a Giant OCR 2, and went to the LBS today to make the purchase. Then I tried this bike once again, and couldn't say no, even though it was several hundreds of dollars more. I used the "we're only getting older and time passes so quickly, so get the bike you really want" rationalization.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Roubaix.jpg (94.1 KB, 155 views)

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Last edited by Digital Gee; 05-07-07 at 02:26 PM.