Old 05-07-07, 05:59 PM
Psydotek
Body By Nintendo

Location: Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.

Bikes: Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since the original tires on my bike are finally wearing out, i choose tires with a strong puncture resistance. The last thing you want to deal with during a race is a flat tire... There's plenty of good tires to choose from without having to resort to Specialized Armadillos. Michelin Krylion Carbon and Pro2Race tires have been reported to be fairly puncture resistant and still grip/handle well. Even Continental Ultra Gatorskins have been given good handling ratings with a relatively low rolling resistance.

As for tire pressures, i still think you should go by your bodyweight instead of the tire's listed max pressure. If you go too high, the tire will literally bounce OFF the pavement when you hit small bumps and road debris which leads to compromised handling/braking. Too low and you'll need extra effort to overcome the increased rolling resistance. So unless you know the road course is going to be straight and/or smooth, i'd recommend going with somewhere from 100-120 psi (lighter people can stay close to 100 psi, heavier riders will need to increase their tire pressure accordingly). I'm 130 lbs and i use 100-105 psi usually.

Originally Posted by jsharr
A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.