View Single Post
Old 04-04-04, 09:43 PM
Eurastus
Hej på dej!!

Bikes: Ritchey Road Logic, Della Santa Corsa Speciale, Renn DeWitt Custom, da Vinci Joint Venture, Ritchey Comp All-Rounder, Rivendell A. Homer Hilsen, Crescent Professional

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a big fan of Fuji bikes when you're looking for something this small. They run from about $500 up to $1,300. The Japanese know a thing or two about building small bikes...think about it. The only hard thing is finding a Fuji dealer--that can be challenge if you don't live in a large city.

My 9 year-old daughter rides a 44cm Fuji Roubaix Pro with 650c wheels and it fits her perfectly (once I traded out the 90mm stem for a 60mm). Her brother rides mountain bike and she wanted something different to do with Dad. We ride every morning before school/work on our trainers in the basement for 30 minutes (usually watching one of her cartoons) and every weekend on the local roads for a couple of hours.

As for the rides themselves, you've got to make it fun. Don't push her too much...only a very little to slowly gain strength. Any more specific questions I'm happy to answer.

Last edited by Eurastus; 04-05-04 at 03:46 PM.