wiles9
A long distance Newbie

Bikes: Mountain Bike so far....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shiznaz
I actually have one of those MSR dromlite bags and I'm thinking about shoving it in a front pannier or strapping it to a rack and then rigging up a camelback style hose to it. They sell kits for them, but the hose won't be long enough out of the box. That way I can have water whenever from a straw, without any extra weight on my back. Then again, I'll probably just go with bottles and refill them from the dromedary bag...
If i get you right here.. the gravity involved here might make it a little difficult for you to suck the water all the way from your panniers to you, unless of course your front panniers are heavily loaded so that the water is pushed up the hose... so when you bite no effort is needed

I get a very hot back due to some muscular problems i have, so i cannot wear a CB while riding, it would sweat me so much more, and not allow as much air to circulate to my back. Also on a long tour, rubbing might become an issue, as comfortable as they are, any pack will eventually rub, espcecially if you go over 1lt in size.

About the Ice, its a god send sometimes on hot hikes, or when im out running... but ice isnt always available...