Old 05-08-07, 12:08 PM
Zeuser
e-Biker

Bikes: Gary Fisher, Strong GT-S eBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm going there in August (3 months or so).

Lets assume for a moment that I'll get a non-folding trike. I still have a few options for transport. A roof rack and my current trunk mounted rack.

when I go car shopping sometime next year, I'll have to consider the size of the trunk to match the trike. My thinking here is to get some decent sized wagon with fold-down rear seats so I can get the trike into it without taking it apart. I have no need for rear seats so that's not a problem.

So you see why a folder is looking pretty good for me right now. If I were to get a non-folder, I'll have to get some new bike rack in the meantime or figure out a way to get a trike to fit on that Thule trunk rack; probably by removing the wheels.

Anyway, back to the trikes. A sporty version is not what I'm looking for. A commuter and weekender is mostly what I want. And I don't want to spend top dollar on my first trike. I really like trikes right now but I'm not sure I want to throw a bunch of money at one right away.

The Scoprion fx is $4,400 CDN and with a few options, like the streamer, it'll be close to $5,000 CDN. That's about as much as I want to spend. There's a LBS that even sells them. Terri even promised me he'd have a Scorpion in sometime in May so I can go down there and try it out. He did have an FX the last time I went there but it was still in the box.