View Single Post
Old 05-09-07, 01:03 PM
ang1sgt

Bikes: 88 Fisher Gemini tandem, 92 Trek 970, 07 Nashbar Frame, 08 Gary Fisher Paragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I were to put you on a Bike I think the first one I would put you on would be a TREK 7.6 FX.

Good Solid Frame Set with a VERY good Carbon Fiber Fork. Tried and true 9 speed drivetrain with Shimano V-Brakes which should be a bit better than what you have on your current bike. There is not a single thing on this bike that is a gimic or something that would give you a problem.

If you thought a Road Bike more suited you, I would then put you on a TREK 1000. This bike is a heck of a value and it is more bike than I've seen in a long time. Stout Aluminum Frame, Carbon Fiber Seat post and Fork for some comfort and a stout pair of rims. With a triple crank you would have more than enough gearing to get you through almost anything.

The BEST reccomendation that I can make is find someone that will FIT you on the Bike. If it's going to cost you extra, spend the money and do it! You keep your bikes for a long time so look at this as an investment, your comfort should be the primary concern.

Good Luck!