Old 05-09-07, 09:30 PM
redxj
N+1

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
1973 Schwinn Paramount P13 repainted by previous owner with original NR group (except clincher wheelset). It rides really really nice. American craftsmanship at (one of) its best. It is so pretty to look at. The headset is a little pitted so I haven't really ridden a lot compared to some of the others.

1976 Schwinn Paramount P14 track bike currently setup in street trim with 50x19 gearing, bullhorns, and Phil Wood/Mavic MA3 wheelset with Conti Gatorskins. I rode it on Saturday in a local alleycat race, and realized one important thing. I am so out of shape. I don't know how many miles I rode, but it had to be 20+ miles up and down most of the hills in town. I think I will change the saddle to a Brooks and it should be good for some short to moderate rides (under 20-30 miles). It is setup brakeless of course

85/85 Eddy Merckx Corsa with 7 speed Brifters and a mix of various Shimano parts (dura ace, 105, 600). For longer rides and/orh some elevation changes this is what I will pick. It is quick, responsive, and way to nice to be in the overweight hands of myself.

86 Schwinn Peloton fixed gear conversion. I put the most miles on this bike last year than anything else. I have done longer rides and it is a joy to ride. The geometry is more racy, but is still comfortable for longer rides.

80 Viner Track bike: weird mix of Campagnolo, Sugino, Dura Ace, Stronglight, Cinelli and SR (I know) parts. The geometry is super tight and steep. But, I haven't rode it yet. It needs some new tubies, and I haven't bought some yet. I might throw a spare clincher track wheelset on it just to get some time on it.

Non-vintage rides:
Surly Karate Monkey rigid SS: Steel frame+Carbon rigid fork+burly wheelset+fattest 29er tires available today. I take this to some of the local singletrack when I want to work for my fun a little harder. Rigid makes me pick the best lines, and like we all here know Steel is Real.

Van Dessel Buzzbomb full suspension 29er with 27 gears. It has 4" of travel front and rear. I take this when I want to ride every part of the trail and just plow through everything and bomb the downhills. I actually got a compliment about my riding skills because of this bike.

Van Dessel Buzzbomb rigid dropped bar fixed gear-dirt road rider. I take ride this around the dirt roads around my house. Steel fork and the Aluminum frame can be a bit harsh at times, but it isn't too bad.

01 Fuji Track: nice parts on a low end steel track frame. I never planned to buy this frame on Ebay, but did. I am happy I did. I guess I consider this my "Beater" fixed gear because it doesn't have as much character as any of the other bikes.

Have you noticed I like fixed gear and track bikes? One or more of the track bikes will get rode on the Bloomer Velodrome this summer I promise.

Pics and specs of many of these can be seen by clicking my Velospace link in sig.