Old 04-06-04, 07:41 PM
surreal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stevo
I run 43x18/20 offroad (x16 on road). Usually on the 18 unless really hilly. Those fireroads are pretty solid. Rough, but solid (I was referring to the loose-beach sand common a little farther south off of 206; Pain in the arse even on my wifes 21 spd MTB with 2.25s; I dont even bother on my rig down there). I think you'd be more than fine on that with 59 or even 65 on that gravely stuff.

Hardpack trails in SJ parks? Forget that... cruise up to wissahickon valley in phila....Got 5 1/2 miles of flat, carless cinder, with plenty to look at (jogging by, yaknowhatimean). Miles of singletrack on either side of the flatpath. Worth the ride over (or even the drive if youre one of those types).

i hear ya. wissahickon'd be worth the ride for me; im in camden county, so that's no big ride at all.

i was experimenting with my mtn bike, and i'm thinking 59inches will be fine for me. and, when it's not, i dismount, shoulder the rig, and jog up the hill. no biggie.

south jersey's bullshhh parks aren't worth riding to just to ride, but i like to bomb thru them if i'm not in a hurry, and riding by anyway. it just isnt very fun to do so on 700x25's, especially when the flatgods hate you. and, lo! they hate me.

where in nj are you?

-rob