Old 05-10-07, 10:31 AM
BAH

Bikes: xtracycle

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cerewa
Since I've never ridden an xtracycle I can only assume, but I think I would try to avoid using an xtracycle for daily commuting with nothing more than a lunch and a bike lock as cargo. Any xtracycle owners care to give an opinion on that?
The thing is that once you've ridden an xtracycle around, it feels funny riding a regular bike I like riding mine even when I'm not carrying anything. It does nothing to subtract from your ride and in fact makes it more fun. Plus it's a great conversation starter. Everybody wants to check it out

When I first saw the xtracycle on the web, I was skeptical myself. I was interested enough to go up to Seattle and take a test ride. My wife sat on the back and we rode around streets and I was completely sold.

I think people that have used a trailer before and know the hassle and how uncomfortable it makes the ride are leery of putting anything on the back of their bike that is semi permanent but you really have to understand that if you don't turn around and look at it, you won't even know it's there. It truly is an awesome invention.