View Single Post
Old 04-06-04, 08:18 PM
Ohio Trekker
Passing!

Bikes: Trek 1988-520 & 2003-7500, 2004 Specialized Allez Sport & Stumpjumper Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I actually love my hybrid, with the exception of the suspension fork on the front that sucks way too much energy when climbing a hill. The rapid fire (I think that's what their called) thumb and forefinger shifting, are so easy to shift with and for my money beats a twist grip anyday, it's also much easier to shift with the winter gloves on, and gives a visual indication of which gear I'm in. All around it was a great bike to get a lot of base miles in on before I got my road-bike, and I still ride it when the weather is bad, or with the kids. If she likes her mountain bike, I suspect the hybrid will be right up her alley. Lower rolling resistance on the tires makes a huge difference on those long weekend rides. The biggest difference to me is the upright riding position compared to my touring and road bikes. The hybrid did nothing to prepare my back, shoulders and arms for riding on them. BUT I can see where that position is an advantage for many, especially on the long rec rides, where the scenery overcasts the ride.