Dammacx
Getting back on the ride.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KHS Bikes - Good for a new rider.

Hi there everyone,

I am looking to get back into the riding game. I haven't riding regularly for about 5 years and really want to get back into it for both recreational reasons and for getting into better shape. I live in downtown Toronto and since I live a 5 minute walk from work I plan on doing most of my riding in the evening and on Weekends. Mill be mostly be path and street riding.

So I have been doing alot of looking around and since I am just geting back into it I don't want to drop alot of coin on a new ride yet. I also don't want to go with a Crappy Tire or Sport Chek deal. I do also want to get new just because I don't have time or space to tinker with a used bike that might need work.

Being a bigger guy (6'2" around the 300 mark) I am obviously looking for a bigger frame that can handle me. I have looked at a few places and I think I found a decent bike that is in my price range and I thought I would check with some people who know more about bikes than me and see what they thought. Currently I am looking at the KHS Urban Xpress SC200 (http://www.khscanada.com/viewbike/418/). I have already taken it for a test spin and it felt good.

Keep in mind that this is going to be used mostly on the street and paths, I don't plan on doing any trail or "down hill stairs" with it. I am considering this a "Get back into the game" bike. So please let me know what you think about the Bike and overall components.

Thanx.