chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
pj7, I don't mean to derail your thread. But you stated early on that you have "not noticed that society nor government is against vehicular cycling".

For someone who has not noticed that, I think it would be difficult to understand much of what VC advocacy is about, and is likely to contribute to misinterpretations and taking offense by what VC advocates say when none was intended.

So I'm trying to understand how it is that you have not noticed it, when, at the same time you admit that a police officer who believes cylclists do not belong on some streets is part of the mainstream.
You just don't like cops...in fact if I recall, some of your posts, you don't think they are educated or capable of being educated. Just cuz you are a cop hater doesn't mean that dumb/bad cops are 'mainstream'. My great grandaddy was a cop, my dad was cop, I was a cop, I know literally hundreds of cops...thanks for the insult...again.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey