chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by John Forester
I presume that you consider it significant to proper cyclist behavior that motor traffic consists of vehicles that are larger, heavier, and faster than bicycle traffic. Those items are irrelevant to the question of the proper way to cycle in traffic. The fact that you think that these are significantly important determinants of proper cyclist behavior is just another bit of evidence for the cyclist-inferiority attitude and its harmful effects.
No John, I think this post is an indication of your total lack of connection to the real world. You tell me that size and speed is not a factor when sharing the road with 18 wheelers doing 55-70mph within just a few feet of you...go ahead, I dare you.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey