Old 05-14-07, 08:20 PM
unkchunk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry Mad&DissapointedBrewer. They shipped my bike out late in the day, about 8:00 in the pm. My local UPS guy said this time of year is the busiest time of the year for them, and not Christmas as most people think. So give your email another check.

I just want start out by saying although it's been 96 hours, the UPS tracking site has finally been updated and it's in... Chicago? Yeah, why not. So the second leg, all 1,756 miles of it, came in with an average 24.4 mph. Okay, it's slower than the 33 1/3 in the first leg, but considering the long distance it's understandable to have a sustainable pace.

After a rest up tonight, it's off to a 250 third leg. This course will mostly be across open Indiana corn fields, so should have a faster pace. An important side note, this is the home area of America's most influential cyclist, none other than great Dave Stoller. Perhaps I would be so lucky that he'll draft the truck himself. Lots of good vibes there. Weather forcasts 80 percent chance of thunderstorms, Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph and a high of 75F.