blues on a bike
all you need is love

Bikes: a 24-speed San Rafael by Marin. a 6-speed Huffy beach cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wanted to love the Gary Fisher, but didn't

I posted a while back asking for opinions on a Gary Fisher Nirvana. I should have gone with my instinct when the guy at the LBS talked me into the Nirvana over the Zebrano, that I liked better. Anyway, they special-ordered it; bottom line, I hated it. They even changed the shifters for me and I still hated it. It just felt uncomfortable and wrong. I left the shop in tears.

I had ridden Schwinn, Giant, Specialized, Trek, the GFs, Jamis, Raleigh and nothing felt right. I felt like there was no right bike for me in the world and I was sad.

Driving aimlessly, I saw this little hole in the wall bike shop I never noticed before very near my house. I pulled in on impulse. The guy says, try this. I got on. Rode in the parking lot. It felt like coming home.

I now own and love a San Rafael by Marin. I had never heard of it before, but it just feels so right. I saw the posts about naming a bike. Mine slipped right into calling itself the Gray Ghost. We're working up to longer rides, average probably about 15 miles a ride and I really don't feel like I've done much of anything if I don't ride at least 20. My longest ride was 27 miles.

I'm not fast; I average maybe 12 - 14 mph, but I just keep on keeping on. I've never ridden with anyone; I'd be too embarrassed.

Thanks for reading. I just wanted to share with people who would get it.

Last edited by blues on a bike; 05-19-07 at 09:07 PM.