Old 05-19-07, 07:55 PM
pj7
On Sabbatical

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Forester
JRA, you persist in making statements in some attempt to denigrate my opinions, but they turn back and bite you because they are foolish. In traffic law, vehicles do not have rights. (In maritime law, ships do have rights; that's different.) In traffic law, only people have rights. In California law, a person riding a bicycle on the roadway has the rights and duties of drivers of vehicles. So there is nothing to complain about.
Here you go again John. You replied to his post but nothing in yours reflects anything he said. He made two statements; that in California law a bicycle is considered a device and not a vehicle (which is true), and that you have not made any advocation attempt in his state to change the wording of the law to reflect the wording used in California law (which is also likely true).

Then you turn it all around into a discussion about "rights" and telling JRA that his comments are coming back to bike him, which I don't see happening.

Your post is yet another perfect example of what I was referring to in my thread about VCists being condecending and trying to belittle others into thinking the way they do.