Old 05-20-07, 07:33 PM
ThrottleJock
Carnivore

Bikes: DaBomb Single (urban), Cannondale fixed (road), Electra Straight 8 (beach)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you're a wheelie kinda guy, it's not difficult. The key is that you've got to commit. Longer top tube, weight over the front and long stem make it difficult, compounded by tallish fixie gear. It's much easier to pull one from the tops or hoods if you have them. I always feel that I'm going to square off the front wheel when I set down wheelies from the drops. Pull from the tops, crank it like you mean it (in all aspects of life) and be ready to apply backpedal pressure when you do get it up. I used to ride regular, geared roadrace bicycles and was notorious for pulling 30mph wheelies in pacelines (roadies FREAK the fk out) and launching low tabletops and whips over train tracks. It's a lot of fun to whip a road bike. It's a bike, do whatever you want with it. Take it easy on the wheels though, I exploded a rear carbon wheel when I landed crooked off a whip once and had to walk miles and miles home. Embarassing.