Thread: THEBIS anyone?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-07, 05:06 PM
countersTrike
Recumbent Trike

Bikes: WizWheelz TerraTrike with Velo-Kit & 24V motor, completely enclosed (fiberglass/kevlar & Lexan) EZ SX Tad with 36V motor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dr.Deltron
OK, here she is...!

What a biiizaaare vehicle!
I pumped up the tires and gave it a quick spin...
I can't believe how "fast" it feels!
But the steering....that's another planet entirely!!!

I'll start by puting the seat on correctly.
I'm pretty sure it's upside down.
Then the ONE brake (on the front wheel) needs to be replumbed. The hoses leak fluid.
When I get the seat fabric clean and reinstalled, the steering needs some dialing-in. "Centered" is currently off to the right. And the steering "dampener" is kind of a trip.

Finally, the gears need wires and deraileur position adjustment. Then it should be ready to FLY!

Any insight on dialing-in the steering would be awesome!

Thanks! Dr. D
Those 24" rear wheels look odd! And those tall steering handles must be extremely sensitive! The missing front fender, the straight up (possibly upside down) seat makes it very interesting- a candidate for Ripleys Believe It Or Not! (ha ha ha!)

If the steering has not been changed too much-it might have those 2 triangle shaped finger bolts to the right of the seat when sitting in it (they should be on about 2' rods running to the back axle) Loosen them, and they adjust forward/back on the two rods adjusting turning radius- one way- about 7', other way- about 20'. Should be pretty self explaining. It turns "right NOW!" so it was best for me about 2/3 of the adjustment area so it would not turn as fast. No specific place or measurement; just wherever "feels right".

It steers like a boat on wheels. Until you get the "knack"- stay away from fences or curbs! I like that front/back right turn and back/front left turning motion. After all these years- I got a 2006 JM Trike which has that same movement on a folding tadpole. A little bit of the best of Thebis!!!

countersTrike