View Single Post
Old 05-22-07, 10:01 AM
mlh122

Bikes: Trek 4500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
+1 it looks iffy to me too. the pivot on the arm that holds the bike doesn't look very beefy, i'd think it could snap or just not be very stable. and with shipping that stand comes to almost $50, so i'd say just add $50 and get a $100 stand that is more trustworthy.

I want a stand but i'm a cheapskate so my main stand is called the "upside down stand" where I put a piece of cardboard down on the garage floor and take any breakables off the top of the handlebar and flip the bike over. It's fairly stable too.

My other "stand" is a standard bike rack that dangles the bike from the top tube, not very stable but everything is accessible.

this one is going for $5 and is a lot more stable and is local pickup only 381mi from antioch
http://cgi.ebay.com/Park-PCS-1-Bicyc...QQcmdZViewItem

My method of buying things is as follows: if I don't need something I don't buy it. If I do need something, I buy it, but i don't mess around with cheap stuff that will break on me or cause problems down the road. I'm like the family bike wrench, i maintain 9 or 10 bikes on a regular basis for family members, so if I do get a stand I'd get a nice one that will be around for several years.