will dehne

Bikes: Trek 7700, C'dale R2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HopedaleHills
Will,

After 30 years in the high tech industry I as well have seen this all before. I have been outsourced/downsized/reorganized/workforce reduced so many times it's hard to count. I know what you are going through and wish you well in coming out the other end, as we always do. Right now I am faced with the ongoing idea that we move work to India and Singapore rather than add staff in the US. I hate it, it does not work well, we spend so much time and money managing the relationships and projects that the lower salaries are not really a savings, but time and time again I have to explain why we are replacing someone with a person in India rather than a US worker. About once a week the VP of Eng threatens to move my whole organization to Singapore because we cost too much, even though we are about 4 times more productive. I'm tired of it and am really looking forward to the day I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Best wishes and hang in there..
Your post reflects my sentiments.
Here is food for thought. We managers are deep trained to do what we do. If we go against that deep training we may have unintended consequences. A manager in my company and a friend (in Germany) gave up and retired early for all the reasons mentioned. That eat away on him after retirement and he had a heart attach 6 months after he retired. I know him well, it was causation and not correlation.