Red Rider
Don't mince words

Bikes: '16 BH Quartz, 2017 Calfeecustom carbon tandem, Fuji D6 TT bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stringbreaker
Does anyone out there have the contact lenses for those of us that have reached the point where bifocals are needed? I want to try them and see how they work for me and I just wanted to know if anyone had them and what if any problems or drawbacks there are. I'm not a candidate for lasik cause I'm a chicken and even though they have come a long way with the surgery I'm not thrilled with the possibility of having something go wrong with my only pair of peepers
Extremely nearsighted here, with a slight astigmatism, now with presbyopia (what an oxymoron that seems to be) -- I've been wearing one contact for close vision, one for distance, and it works just fine. I've been wearing gas perms since, um, '81, and my only complaint about them is that they feel like potato chips after a century. No trouble adapting -- I was very motivated. I love my stylin' glasses (the kittenish librarian ones, worn by the librarian who gives a sly wink as you check out your books) but they won't cut it on the road.

Glad I can see at all, really.