View Single Post
Old 04-16-04, 05:22 PM
TrekRider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
You said "new LeMond Zurich." By that I assume you have the version of the flight Deck with one button on each brake hood. It will stop itself if you keep the major display on speed and the smaller display on odometer. To keep the computer from stopping I generally set one display on cadence and the other display on speed.

The reason I mentioned the year of your Zurich is because older versions of the flight Deck had both buttons on the right shifter. I understood that the conversion to one button on each was to avoid this problem. If that happens to be your case, you can go to a one-button wire harness as long as you also replace your brake hoods with one button hoods.
You got it, Grouch, a 2004 Zurich with one button in each hood. I only have about 90 miles on it and am still getting used to it. I moved up from a Trek Navigator 300, which is like moving from a Pinto to a Maserati. As soon as I get comfortable on it, I am sure this problem will go away....I hope! Otherwise, I might have to get the retro fit.