View Single Post
Old 05-23-07, 01:57 PM
RatsInTheCellar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Rhode Island!

Hello everyone! My name is Jillian. I live in Rhode Island and I'm currently finishing up my senior project for school, in which I focused on the effects that current transportation systems have on the environment and what can be done to change it. For my "product" portion of the project, I built a bike from recycled bike parts. I started riding shortly before I started the project, after many months of trying to find a bike. One night I was driving home and found a Peugeot cruiser in a trash heap on the side of the road. It was much too big for me..but I couldnt have been more thrilled. I rode that thing for a while. Then I bought a vintage 3 speed Columbia, which I looove. And now I'm working on this bike, built from some old Schwinn bikes (this one is also much too big for me...) My art teacher just gave me an old Motobecane in really good condition which fits me just right! I just need to replace the tubes and tires. So once I'm done with the Schwinn, I'm giving it to her to have as a model for her bicycle drawing lesson in class. This project has been a really great experience because I've learned all sorts of awesome stuff that has proven to be quite handy.

So anyway..I stumbled on the forums while looking for some last minute info for my project. Happy to be here and I look forward to meeting people who can continue to teach me more about bicycles!